The Places pillar comprises the following elements:
1. Safe mobility
Inchcape promotes the safe use of roads with the objective of becoming a strong and visible advocate for reduced road accidents and deaths across all markets in which we operate.
- support and promote safe driving through sponsorship of educational programmes, awareness creation and campaigns on safe use of roads;
- partner with relevant bodies, stakeholders and advocates to develop and implement accident prevention initiatives and support emergency responses to save lives on the roads; and
- develop and roll out a proprietary digital engagement platform dedicated to promoting safe mobility globally.
2. Inclusive mobility
As part of our approach to more inclusive mobility we will:
- support people with disabilities to access the right mobility solutions through sponsorship and promotion of specific initiatives in our markets;
- support key programmes that promote activities and topics such as sport, education, skills acquisition and the health of those with disabilities; and
- ensure all Inchcape facilities and operations provide full and inclusive access to mobility for those with disabilities.
3. Social mobility
We will develop specific global and local projects and initiatives that support and enable equal opportunities for young people; for example through internship, apprenticeship, technical education and female education.
The focus of such programmes will be on the less privileged and disadvantaged young people in communities in which we operate to give those selected a better chance to live, grow and realise their potential.
Inchcape will be a promoter and supporter of upward mobility for all by helping and being seen to help young people out of poverty and deprivation.
Our current focus areas
Road safety campaign
Australasia was the pilot for Inchcape’s first annual internal road safety campaign rolled out in December 2021, and then shared globally. A key initiative in 2022 will be to continue building on this through Subaru Australia’s partnership with the Australian Road Safety Foundation, increasing our internal and external awareness of the importance of road safety. Inchcape Australia and New Zealand are also developing a pilot program which will see all employees engage in driver safety training.
Inchcape Australasia is committed to supporting community initiatives that are important to our colleagues. We encourage our employees to take a paid volunteer day each year to give back to a cause that is important to them. Furthermore, our businesses have strong ties to community activities through our ongoing support, including Subaru Australia and the Australian Road Safety Foundation, Peugeot Australia and Lifeline Macarthur, and Inchcape and the Cerebral Palsy Alliance’s STEPtember.
Our places stories
02 Nov 2023
Inchcape Australasia Supports Pass It On Clothing & Co
21 Aug 2023
Subaru Australia Joins Forces with YouTube Sensations Mighty Car Mods To Restore Classic Brumby for Road Safety Awareness
17 Jul 2023
Subaru Australia Partners with Scott Rindfleish Foundation to Join the Fight Against Bowel Cancer
05 Jul 2023
Inchcape Supports the Mark Hughes Foundation
03 Mar 2023
Subaru Australia and ARSF's Charity Raffle Raises Over 245k And Awards One Lucky Winner New Accesorised WRX!
19 Dec 2022
Subaru Australia Supports The Australian Road Safety Foundation To Urge Road Users To Stay Vigilent This Christmas
02 Sep 2022
Subaru Australia Supports Australian Road Safety Foundation's Rural Road Safety Month
10 Aug 2022
Subaru Australia Supports the Australian Road Safety Foundation
10 Aug 2022
Peugeot Australia Supports Lifeline Macarthur and Western Sydney
13 Jul 2022
Inchcape walks the distance for STEPtember